How do we collect your personal information?
How do we use the personal information we collect?
- We only collect personal information which you have provided to us, or consented to us collecting. We may collect your
personal information in a variety of ways, for example, when you visit or use our Site or services, when your register
for, and log into, an account on our Site, when you sign up to a mailing list or to receive newsletters or participate
in competitions or surveys or when you contact us.
- The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to) your name, date of
birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, financial information (such as bank account information and
credit or debit card information and expiration dates) and driver’s licence information for age and identity
- You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information and you may be able to visit our Site and deal
with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be
able to provide you with the full services on the Site. For example, we will be unable to assist you in setting up an
account on the Site and we will not permit you to participate in our fantasy games.
Do we disclose your personal information to third parties?
- Fantasy Games collects and uses the personal information you provide to us for the following purposes (without
- * to provide you with our fantasy games and our other services and products and otherwise conduct our business, for
example to enforce terms of service, to verify your age and identity or process payment fees and transactions;
- * to register you for an account on our Site and to assist in the management of your account (e.g. sending password
- * to improve the content of our Site and to customise the content and/or layout of our Site for individual users;
- * to market our services, products and Site, such as to send you Site newsletters;
- * to conduct analysis on our Site’s usage, for example to monitor website usage and traffic;
- * to contact you or respond to your queries and feedback;
- * for our internal business purposes, such as business management or accounting/auditing purposes;
- * for any other purpose required for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- * for any other purpose for which you provided the information.
- We may occasionally use your personal information to send you marketing materials about our services, products and Site
such as information about new services and products, promotions, offers or competitions that we may be conducting, or
additional services or products that we believe may of interest to you.
- If you do not wish to receive these marketing communications you can opt out by contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you wish to opt out, or click the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email that we may send to you.
- Fantasy Games may disclose your personal information to third parties which may include (without limitation):
- * our related entities and affiliates or business partners;
- * third party service providers, contractors, suppliers, vendors who we may engage to assist us in the management of our
business and the provision of our services to you, in the storage and management of our databases and your personal
information or in the operation of our Site. For example, business support services such as payment processors, website
hosting services and information storage services;
- * third party service providers who assist us in the distribution of marketing and promotional materials and email
updates about the Site and our services, for example mailing houses;
- * our affiliates, sponsors or business and event partners who may provide you with information about their products and
services which may be of interest to you (unless you have indicated to us that you wish to opt out of receiving these
- * to government or regulatory bodies and agencies, sporting bodies, law enforcement bodies (such as the police), courts
of law, if required or authorised to do so by law. For example, in response to a subpoena or legal order, to
investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats or to exercise
legal rights or defend against claims such as intellectual property infringement; or
- * as otherwise permitted or required by law.
How do we secure your personal information?
- Fantasy Games may also collect, use and disclose other, non-personal information on our server log files, including, for
example, your IP address, browser type and your usage of our Site. We may collect this information using cookies or
- When you visit or use the Site, your web browser may store cookies (files of data) on your computer that may be
retrieved when you revisit the Site in order to store your preferences in navigating and using our Site so as to
customise your experience on our Site. These cookies do not contain personal information, although they may record and
send us your IP address which allows our servers to recognise you and your preferences on our Site. You may delete or
prevent cookies from being saved on your computer by changing your internet browser settings and may still use and visit
our Site without accepting the cookies. However, if you reject or delete the cookies, you may not be able to take full
advantage of certain features on our Site.
- We may also collect or use this non-personal information to help us monitor and analyse our Site usage and traffic and
this non-personal information may be disclosed to third parties who assist us in conducting the analysis, for example,
Google Analytics. This information is disclosed in aggregate and to the fullest extent possible, will be de-identified
before it is disclosed to third parties. However, please be aware that you IP address may be linked to any personal
information that you submit.
Third party links
- Fantasy Games takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to secure and protect the integrity of your
personal information from misuse, interference and/or loss and unauthorised access, modification and/or disclosure.
- For example, Fantasy Games uses firewalls and secure server software (SSL) to encrypt information that you submit before it is sent to us. However, please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet is never completely secure, and while we aim to use our best efforts to secure and protect the information, we cannot guarantee the “perfect security” of any information you transmit or provide to us. Any such provision of information is at your own risk.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
- Our website may contain links to or from other third party websites. These other websites are not subject to this
Fantasy Games Site and services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third party websites or contact
these websites directly for further information about their privacy practices.
How can you make a complaint about a breach of your privacy?
- Fantasy Games takes such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the personal information we collect and hold about you
is accurate, up-to-date and complete. However, we rely on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
You may seek access to, or request the correction of, the personal information that we hold about you by:
- * logging into your account on the Site and accessing your profile page to view or correct the personal information
recorded, as necessary; or
- * submit a request for access or the correction of your personal information by contacting us at
email@example.com and providing us with details of your request.
- Once we receive your request, we will endeavour to respond to that request within a reasonable period after your request
is made. There are some exceptions, specified by law, where we may refuse your requests. If one of these circumstances
applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal, unless it would be unreasonable
to do so.
- If you have any concerns about our handling or treatment of your personal information or if you believe that your
privacy has been breached, please contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact
details below, and set out the nature of your complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving
your complaint. If after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved,
you may refer your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.