- What is Responsible Gambling?
How do I know if I am developing a Problem?
- Many Australians enjoy and engage in gambling activities. However for some, gambling can be highly destructive and impact negatively on their lives.
Today, we can probably bet anywhere, anytime on just about anything. This means safe gambling is a topic becoming more important than ever.
- We here at ‘Fantasy Games’ believe responsible gambling is about both the individual and the wider community (including gambling providers).
- Responsible gambling for individuals means:
- They may gamble for pleasure and entertainment but are aware of their likelihood of losing and understand the associated risks
- They exercise control over their gambling activity, and
- Responsible gambling occurs in balance with other activities in their lives and is not causing problems or harm for themselves or others.
- Responsible gambling for the wider community, including gambling providers, requires:
- Shared responsibility for generating awareness of the risks associated with gambling,
- Creating and promoting environments that prevent or minimise problem gambling, and
- Being responsive to community concerns around gambling.
Who can you talk to?
- Problem gambling is a compulsion to continue gambling despite the negative consequences it may have. Recognising that you may be developing a gambling problem is the first step to regaining control.
- Please remember:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of time and the amount you spend gambling
- Gambling Help Online has prepared a self-assessment quiz to help identify if you are developing a problem.
Click here to go to the quiz
What can we do to help?
- You’re not alone.
- Whether it’s a spouse, family member, friend or specialised counselling, if you need help it’s there.
Picking up the phone is the most difficult step in taking action against your problem gambling.
Should you need to raise any concerns or are seeking confidential help and advice, please contact one of the support organisations we have detailed below.
- Australian National 1800 Gambling Helpline – Call 1800 858 858. A hotline that provides free real-time chat to anyone in Australia concerned about a gambling issue.
- The National Gambling Help Website – Specialised counselling, information and support. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The 100 Day Challenge – This is a call for change. It’s about getting real with yourself, addressing the way you gamble and deciding to take action. Go on, take part in the 100 Day Challenge today.
- Relationships Australia – Provides a range of support to problem gamblers and their families.
- Gamblers Anonymous – Is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and support each other to stop compulsive gambling.
- Keeping track of your transactions
- You can easily access a full history of transactions, withdrawals and deposits through the ‘My Account’ section of the website.
- Setting deposit limits
- Fantasy Games allows you to set your own deposit limit.
Should you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limits can be set over a weekly (7 day) or monthly (28 day) period.
- Once a weekly deposit limit is set, it cannot be removed or increased for seven days. In the case of the monthly option, 28 days must lapse before the deposit limit can be removed or increased.
- You will receive an email notification once the deposit limit is in effect.
- Temporary or Permanent Self-Exclusion
- If gambling is becoming a problem and you need a break, Fantasy Games offers both a temporary or permanent self-exclusion option. Once the request has been verified, your account will be closed immediately and unable to be re-opened for the duration of the self-exclusion period.
- Any exclusion arrangement entered with us only restricts access to Fantasy Games betting platforms and not your ability to gamble with other providers. Persons who exclude themselves are encouraged to also seek exclusion from other betting providers. Our email support staff can provide you with assistance in this area.
- To learn more or request our self-exclusion form, please email our support staff.
- Fantasy Games services and betting platforms are aimed at people who are 18+ years old. We will not allow any minors to open an account or place a bet through our site.
- Tips for Protecting Minors:
- Keep your username, password and deposit details out of reach.
- If on a shared computer or mobile device, be sure to always log out of your Fantasy Games account to prevent access.
- Install website blocking and filtering software to prevent minors from accessing online sports betting software. For information on how to do this, visit the government Stay Smart Online website.
- Education about the legality and potential damage of underage gambling.
- Aim to limit the amount of time your children spend online.
- Staff Training and Awareness
- Fantasy Games staff are trained to be aware of and to offer assistance to customers seeking assistance in relation to problem gambling. We will help you use all of the facilities on our site, and provide you with the relevant contact information to various support organisations and services.
Additionally, if required, Fantasy Games will co-operate with and assist problem gambling service providers.
- Informed decisions about gambling practices
- Fantasy Games enables our customers to make an informed decision about their gambling, by:
- Displaying accurate information on the allocation of prize money, point scoring system and contest game rules.
- Providing Responsible Gambling information and messages to our customers